Do you want your work to have an impact, your opinion to count, your decisions to influence the way future telecoms operate, the way cities become more transparent, the industry more energy efficient, the agriculture cleaner, the power grid more secure?
Are you looking to work in an international team and being at the front line of IoT with participation in open standard development with the major industries in the world?
We are looking for an Experimented Embedded Developer to strengthen our R&D team.
Acklio is a startup based in Rennes, France. It pioneered a technology allowing the emerging IoT constrained networks (LoRaWAN, Sigfox, NB-IoT, LTE-M, ...) to transport applications based on Internet protocols. Acklio brings the IoT market a unique solution to conciliate energy efficiency, interoperability and security. We sell our software solutions to operators, embedded hardware and device manufacturers, as well as solution integrators.
You will join a team of a dozen developers and research engineers dedicated to cloud and embedded developments to enable the interoperability of IoT devices with the internet world. You will be involved in all phases of the product life cycle:
- Specification, design, and development of a software development kit for low power IoT connected devices.
- Study and validation of portability for different operating systems and hardware targets.
- Coordination with the researchers behind the innovations and patents, for the development of specifications.
- Interface with device manufacturers to ensure support for the Kit integration.
Why joining Acklio
- Build up skills on new generation technologies, and play a role at the forefront of IoT.
- Join an ambitious team with a taste for technological challenge and smart solutions.
- Evolve in an inclusive and multicultural workplace, within a team that brings together 6 nationalities, while also being in contact with international corporate clients and partners across 5 continents.
- Benefit from flexible working hours and the possibility of remote working.
The ideal candidate
- Experience in development and integration of telecommunications protocol stacks in constrained embedded environments
- Software architecture
- Portable C development / Cross compilation
- Knowledge of the main targets and OS (STM32, NxP)
- Awareness of key IoT communication technologies (LoRa, Sigfox, NB-IoT)
- Testing, integration and validation strategy
- Agile project management - Teamwork and multi-sites
- Nice to have: main IETF standards related to IoT (CoAP, 6loWPAN, DTLS, OSCORE)
- You are comfortable working day-to-day in English, the working language at Acklio.