World premieres, several PoCs, and new IoT open standard to come… let’s have a look at the major milestones Acklio achieved this year.
As 2017 comes to an end, it’s time to reflect on the year gone by.
Low Power, Wide-Area Networks remains the IoT market with the highest growth potential for infrastructure and telecom deployments. Industrial and operators are continuing to investigate the best way to deploy and cover territories and use-cases. In order to fulfill the forecasts and make the world of billions of LPWAN devices a reality, we need to address all questions that may still bring hesitation for long-term, big-scale deployments.
Accelerating the acceptance and the massive deployment of devices comes right after we have addressed all questions related to security, interoperability across devices and systems, simplicity of integration – with open, non-proprietary, standard-based approaches.
With its unique Internet and Web approach, Acklio brings IP into LPWAN and unlocks true potential of the IoT to accelerate, unify and secure the IoT market. Acklio’s team has achieved this promise with 2 world premieres and several PoCs to prove the interoperability of LPWAN with Internet.
Let’s take a look back at this crazy year and major milestones that we achieved while doubling the teams in 2017:
- Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Acklio reveals their technology and product range. https://frama.link/mwc-2017-acklio-introduit-internet-sur-les-ondes-radio
- World premiere with Sigfox in Chicago. Acklio demonstrated IoT interoperability with Internet compression technology, enabling LPWAN applications to transparently run over different IoT radio technologies. https://frama.link/pioneers-internet-things-interoperability-further-accelerate-mass-market-adoption
- World premiere with Objenious and EDF. Acklio proved the integration of Internet Protocol over LPWAN (LoRaWAN) allowing new services and value creation. https://frama.link/premiere-mondiale-lintegration-protocoles-internet-reseau-lpwan
- Hackathon, IETF99, Prague: Acklio, Orange, university of Buenos Aires and IMT Atlantique enable LPWAN multi-technology interoperability. https://frama.link/ietf99-lpwan-hackathon-report
- Sigfox World IoT Expo, Prague: Acklio showcases their exclusive IP compression solutions, the compression scheme (SCHC) being standardized by the IETF LPWAN.
- Hackathon, IETF100, Singapore: Acklio’s team coordinates a hackathon with Orange and Cisco. https://frama.link/ietf100-hackathon-lpwan-ipv6-fragmentation
- Drafts submission for standardization and interoperability of IP over LPWAN. A new standard for a new era of the IoT ecosystem. https://frama.link/lpwans-interoperability-via-compression
- Acklio presents at the European Cyber Week conference discussing IoT cyber security. https://european-cyber-week.eu/programme
The adventure continues and is accelerating!
We already have more exciting news to come so watch out for more in 2018.